Kere's Landsphere

Travelogue from points around the world.

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Hong Kong

Photobucket

I have just moved to China, which is both a good thing and a bad thing. One of the marks on the bad side of the list is that blogspot is blocked in China! Yes indeed, the Chinese authorities are afraid of their populace being exposed to any ideas beyond those dictated by the government itself. After all, if people began using their own sense of judgment to decide the veracity of what they are being told, then the Chinese people might begin thinking for themselves! And no self-respecting communist regime wants that.

Despite the whole censorship thing, however, my little spot in China - Shekou - is a pretty nice place to live. Full of restaurants, bars, and shopping malls! Plus, Hong Kong is only an hour away by ferry. And thankfully, I can blog in Hong Kong! Thus, what I am doing now.

Photobucket

So, I give you pictures of Hing Kong! Hong Kong is just fantastic. A bustling metropolis that buzzes with character. It has shopping, night clubs, wierd little streets full of stores filled with wierd dried up things, adn awesome dim sum! It's such a cool place - what am I doing here typing? I'm gonna go out and enjoy Hong Kong! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home